Thursday, October 5, 2017

World of Birds

A friend recommended that I go to the "World of Birds" just outside Cape Town. Saw lots of birds at the aviary that I had seen elsewhere in Africa.

One of the most pleasant surprises of this trip was the numbers and variety of birds all over Africa!
Yellow-billed Hornbill
I have three favorites (other than the African Penguin, of course): The Yellow Billed Hornbill (shown above), sometimes called "the flying banana."
Lilac-breasted Roller
I didn't see a Lilac-breasted Roller at this aviary, but I had my own photo from Botswana.

Unfortunately I never did get a good picture of the Secretary Bird, which was one of my other three favorites, so I snagged this picture from the Internet. It looks as though the bird is wearing yoga tights.
Secretary Bird (picture taken from the Internet)
A small sample of the hundreds of other birds that I saw in the wild:
Marabou Storks
Black Crowned Crane

No comments:

Post a Comment